Sunday, March 06, 2011

Steven Curtis Chapman Concert, Travel Needles and more Cake Pictures

I'm a little ecstatic! We just got our tickets in the mail for the Steven Curtis Chapman concert. It's in New Brunswick (next province over) so Sugar Pie will be having her first sleep over at Nanny's and Grampy's. Hubby and I will go out for dinner then the concert and back home the next day. I LOVE SCC's music and everything he stands for. We have one of the children's books he wrote, "Shoey". I still can't read the whole book without getting a lump in my throat.

Still waiting for LCS, haven't hear a peep from our agency yet....praying we hear soon.
Tomorrow morning the three of us go for our travel needles. Sugar Pie doesn't like needles so wish us luck! We'll bribe her with a special treat ;O). Daddy said if Mommy was brave he would buy her a coffee!! I'll make him go out of his way for the dijon variety...Starbucks! (We are getting our needles in the next city..they have a Starbucks...we don't :o(...)

Here are a few more cakes I made! Been busy!







7 comments:

The Drinkwaters said...

Hoping you hear this week about your LSC, maybe you could give Bob a call and he could check on the status for you?

I love your cakes, especially the boat - how intricate. Sylvie likes looking for the little ladybug you always have hiding!

a Tonggu Momma said...

I am so impressed by your cakes. Seriously impressed.

I saw your stroller in your previous post and know how y'all feel... we bought an Ergo this time around. There is no way I'm EVER returning to a regular carrier.

Adrian Roberta said...

we are also hoping to go to SCC when he comes! Aswell as the focus on the family 'adoption' seminar that is travelling with him.

what stroller is Tonggu talking about? I ned to get one this time around.

Sharla said...

Those cakes are amazing!!!

We are going to see SCC when he comes to Edmonton and I am so excited about that and about the Adoption Seminar beforehand.

I am starting an online adoption resource and would love to add your blog to the list of "Canadian Adoption Blogs". Please e-mail me at adoptionmagazine@gmail.com and let me know. Thanks a bunch!

Chris, Tammy and the gang! said...

I didn't even know SCC was coming so close! Have a fantastic time at his concert...Chris and I saw him when we lived in the US.

Cakes are beautiful, as always! you are so talented.

Tammy

Catherine said...

More gorgeous cakes! Way to go!!

So happy you're going to the SCC concert. I am too when he comes to Toronto on March 26th. It will be my first 'fun night out' without Hannah since she came home 16 months ago!! What a better way to celebrate my first night out than with a SCC concert? Have fun!

Praying your LCS comes soon!

the meaklims said...

Haha! Sharla is bringing us Canadian bloggers together! I found your blog on that website she mentions.

Anyway, I am off to read more about your new little one and we too are going to see SCC in Ottawa, on March 25th! I am SO excited! :)

Btw those cakes are incredible.

Jill