Thursday, July 20, 2006

Are we there yet..........

This was an e-mail I sent out to the Province this week.

Marilyn, Two things:
1. When we met with Richie she mentioned we could borrow some books sometime on adoption, and I was wondering if next time I'm in C'town could I stop by and pick one out?
2. Did the office receive a letter or e-mail yet on when in June our file was logged into the computer in China????

Debbie,
They've received your file at CCAA. They are quite busy over there, sometimes it takes them a while to let us know of the "Log-in"dates--i.e., 2 or 3 months. As soon as we receive something, I'll let you know. From the internet, following are the tracking results for your file.

Reference PEI - 73Ship date Jun 9, 2006Delivered to Receptionist/Front DeskDestination Beijing CNDelivery date Jun 12, 2006 9:37 AMSigned for by C.HOPService type Priority PakDate/Time Location/ActivityJun 9, 2006 11:20 PM MEMPHIS, TN/Arrived at FedEx location5:48 PM CHARLOTTETOWN, PE/Left origin1:55 PM CHARLOTTETOWN, PE/Picked upJun 10, 2006 9:07 AM ANCHORAGE, AK/Departed FedEx location7:01 AM ANCHORAGE, AK/Arrived at FedEx location5:29 AM MEMPHIS, TN/Departed FedEx location2:02 AM MEMPHIS, TN/Departed FedEx locationJun 11, 2006 8:25 PM BEIJING CN/Int'l shipment releaseJun 12, 2006 9:37 AM Beijing CN/Delivered8:26 AM BEIJING CN/On FedEx vehicle fordelivery7:41 AM BEIJING CN/At local FedEx facility.

Marilyn,
Thanks for the info that you could give me. I'll be anxious for your e-mail/call or letter saying when our Log In Date is, My guess was the 14th. I just know that I know that I know in my knower that it will be the 14th. It's like a lady who is pregnant but she hasn't missed a monthly or gotten sick yet but she just knows! Have a great day!

Well at least they could tell us that much! We'll just have to wait!............sigh.

9 comments:

Dawn and Dale said...

The 14th IS A VERY GOOD DAY!!! ;)

I bet it was the 14th too!!

Dawn and Dale said...

oooops! I think you are hoping for June 14 not July 14 (my birthday)!! lol

Still the 14th is a good day!!

4D said...

I hope you hear something soon!

I had to call our agency after 2 months and they were like "Yeah, your LID is March 28th." La-dee-da! I was panting waiting for news and they had it for a while!

Nevertheless, doesn't matter. Your file is in China and even though you don't know the date, you are closer then before to your child!

Keep smilin!

Kennedy and Jaida's mom said...

Debbie...we were DTC on Aug. 23 and our LID was Aug 31. We thought that was very fast. HOWEVER...we did not find out or LID until mid DECEMBER. FOI e-mailed it to us upon them receiving it. The province didn't contact us until sometime in January to tell us the LID (obviously we already knew at this point). Soooo...there seems to be no time line for when you will find out as some people find out within a couple of weeks or like us 4 months! Hopefully you'll know sooner rather than later!

Deb said...

Humm! I wonder why FOI said that the Province would know before they would?

Kennedy and Jaida's mom said...

Debbie, perhaps the province knew and didn't feel a need to tell us right away? I don't know. But I get the impression from other people's blogs that they just started giving LID's in the last couple of years (not sure) but people used to go by their DTC date. So maybe the province was thinking it wasn't all that important?? I'm just guessing.

Mama Melissa said...

If you haven't heard yet, I hope you do soon! {{HUGS}}

Melissa
LID 10/31/05
babyheaton.blogspot.com

Red Sand said...

For what it's worth, my understanding from the Province was that LIDs are only sent to PEI when referrals or other info is mailed, so it sometimes takes a while. We were DTC in February and didn't get our LID confirmation until June. Our agency had an LID for the Ontario families in our group well before that, but they didn't get confirmation of our LID until the Province got it... Anyhow, hope it comes soon!

Sam

Shannon said...

Soooo frustrating! My agency said they "didn't get LID's" and didn't know how other agencies did. That was until this slow down...then they admitted it the real date wasn't as early as everyone thought. Ay yi yi. All we want is upfront info, ya know?! =)