Ok Monica tagged me and hawked my little creature below so I'm making off with her Tagen graphic. We're even ;O) !
1. Link to the person who tagged you and post the rules
2. Share 7 random or weird facts about yourself
3. Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and link to them
4. Let each person know they've been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
Ok so "Random" can mean current events too so I'm only cheating a little by making this post partner with what been going on in my grey matter the last few days.
1. Last Wednesday I did "it"......I've been putting it off for tooooo long. I purged all those "Oh-I'll-fit-back-in-that-again-someday" clothes! Darn well near emptied my closet and dresser!
So Debz has to go age-appropriate and body-shape-shopping....pity eh? What prompted me you say....Well, perhaps my daughters inquiry last week on weather my top I was wearing was from the 80's or not?! IKES! I defended it because it is just one of those things that never wears out and looks new every time I wash it....so I looked at her and started counting 1-2-3-4 wait 5-10-15-20 Ok It's 21 years old. I get the hint! 2 HUGE bags of gently used clothing went to another good cause.
2. OK I have to admit I was a little anxious to go shopping so Saturday I went to town and picked up a couple of things and while I was at it I STARTED MY CHRISTMAS SHOPPING!!!! YES, THAT'S RIGHT! All that shopping for my "body-shape" got a little depressing so I needed the therapy.
3. Monday evening I took a group of youth to do an outreach at an assisted living facility. We just went around to visit the old folks and talking with them. We had my nephew with his guitar so he played a few tunes for them in the common room while we helped them with the puzzle they've been working on since the last time we were there 4 weeks ago! It would have never lasted 4 weeks on my coffee table! Where do they get the patience for things like that!!! Anyway, seriously I think it blesses the youth more than the residents. We love to go and put a smile on their faces.
4. This weekend we have a full 2 days of activities planned for the youth. We have spent weeks planning an "Amazing Race" weekend. We'll be taking two vans/teams and going threw the city looking for clues to win the race. The theme is based on 1 Samuel 20-31 where David flees from Saul's pursuit. We have maps, laptops, and cameras as our tools to help us. It will take most of the day so we have a progressional meal plan from some of the families in our church. I'll be the first to find the clues to where we will eat dessert....I have a hound dog sweet tooth!
5. I watched a movie the other night which is a huge deal for me cause I can never sit that long but this one captured my heart from the get go and made my eyes leak a little...if you haven't seen it take my word for it and RENT IT! It was called "Facing the Giants."
6. NEW BREAKING NEWS FLASH: I'm going back to school......yup! I'm working toward my associates and possibly bachelors in Youth Ministry. It's been on my heart for months and yesterday my plans started to unfold. I'll be doing it part time plus working so things are going to seem a bit busy until I get into the rhythm. It makes me nervous and scares me but gives me peace all at the same time. That's totally God! Perfect way to pass the time while we wait for our daughters referral.
7. I'm being a little trickster.....Shane and I have finally came to a decision on a first name for our daughter and it is hidden in this post. Can you find it? I've really liked this name and it is not very common. Plus it sounds really sweet with Callie as her middle name.
Now that I have your attention, I'm trying to update my links on my side bar. Some of the links have gone private and some have stopped blogging. I want to add blogs to the new list that has the current updates on it so help me out by clicking on the side bar where it says "follow my blog" so I can see each new post as you post it.
Ok Here is my give away for my 350th post celebration....I feel like I'm having a real party today! It was raffled off at an auction that we had to raise money for my BIL and I won it and thought it would be perfect as a give away on my blog. It is a pretty soft lime green, hoody, size large with the name of our province embroidered on it, Prince Edward Island. Correctly answer the following questions and leave a comment on my post and I'll add then to the draw.
1. How old was the shirt Jaclyn poked fun at me about?
2. What is our daughters middle name going to be?
3. What am I going to do in University?
4. Name the movie I seen last weekend.
5. What activity am I involved in this up coming weekend?
6. What did I say wouldn't last on my coffee table for 4 weeks?
7. What's the name of the blog of the person who tagged me in this meme?
8. Are you going to add yourself to following my blog so I can follow yours too?
Ok So I'm supposed to tag 7 people and I'm pretty sure this has been around a couple of times so the first 7 people who check out my blog and haven't been tagged....your IT! Leave me a comment so I can check yours out!
I'll do the draw on Halloween night. Have fun and enjoy!
Feel free to add a link back to my blog for others to play along as well.
I have to admit this is the most fun I've had with a meme in a long time.