Sunday, September 07, 2008

What I've Been Up To...

I started to harvest Jac's garden. I figured with only 6 more days til our vacation I better do something with some of it. I picked the tomatoes last week hoping to have them turn red on the window sill by this weekend....they didn't so I goog.led green salsa and wouldn't you know it, there it was, I've never heard of it before. So I spent 7-8 hours in my kitchen, chopping, cleaning bottles, sterilizing lids, cooking, and boiling the bottles in a water bath.
Here it is cooking, isn't is pretty! It turned out wonderful and is very pretty in the bottle if I do say so myself! I can't wait to try it over baked potato!
Jessy, Morgan, Dara and I went four wheeling on Saturday. We had a great time, this was Dara coming back of the brook from the shack her cousins built.
I was SUPER crazy excited where I seen these "Snapdragon" flowers. I haven't seen them since I was a small child. When they go to pod you can touch the end of the pod and it snaps open and the seeds fall out. They remind me of candy corn candy.
Here I am totally ready and roaring to go! It was a lot of fun! I wanna go again. I loved the smell of the pine in the woods.

Recognize this house? This is the house that Lucy Maud Montgomery's "Anne Of Green Gables" story speaks of. Many people around the world believe that this was the actual house that Lucy Maud Montgomery was raised in. Although I'm sure it was a mansion in it's day, it was not her house at all. Below is the rightful birthplace of our famed writer. I went for a tour of it this year. It is very, very tiny. It is cozy and had everything it needed.....actually now that I think of it I don't recall seeing a "Water Chamber" perhaps they had an outhouse. (I hate outhouses!)

If you ever come to the Island and you plan to tour the Anne of Green Gables House, be sure to check out her real birthplace as well. Below is a beautiful handwritten letter by Lucy which is stored under glass in her little quaint home in Lower Granville.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those veggies are gorgeous...before you cut them and after they were salsified, too!

Kim said...

Looks like you have been busy...
The salsa looks wonderful.. great job...
Love the snapdragons.. they are sooo pretty...
Love 4-wheeling..
Have fun on your vacation.
Can't wait to see pictures..
HUGS>...

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

I cannot wait to get to PEI one day... I will get there... for sure...

Briana's Mom said...

Those veggies look so beautiful and delish!

Pretty snapdragons!

Pam and Jeff said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. The ladybug picture is made out of flowers. My sister went to Las Vegas this year. The ladybug is in the Bellagio's garden.

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

That salsa looks delicious!

I love snapdragons too...they are so pretty!

Middle-Aged Moi said...

That salsa looks AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I would LOVE to come to the island one day....sigh. When I have that kind of dough....:-)

Nadine said...

Veggies look yummy.

The two houses look very similar. Thanks for sharing.

OziMum said...

Looks like so much fun!

Wow! ONly 6 days til CA!

(hey! You need to change your side bar... CC@@ are up to 9 Feb now Luv!)

kerri said...

Reading Anne of Green Gables as a young girl was such a wonderful treat, when I was married and honeymooned in P.E.I. I finally was able to visit her home. It was magical!!
I can't wait to take my girls there, we are hoping to travel there next summer..

Elise said...

Yum...and I love Anne of Green Gables! Some day I will get to visit her home!

Nadine said...

Hey Debz - I fixed the link. Come back and check it out.

Shannon said...

Those veggies look yummers. So colorful! And those snap dragon flowers are so pretty. BTW, I LOVE Anne of GG. You live in such a gorgeous area. Look at you four-wheeling! You are too cool!

geminirn said...

The veggies look yummy,bet the salsa is too.

Hope you have a wonderful vacation.

Shionge said...

So yummy and colourful to eat too Debz :)

What a beautiful place to live in, sorry that I didnt get to visit last Nov ;(