Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Babies , Babies, Babies!!!

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingWhat a joy it was to welcome home our two P.E.I family's from China this week. We couldn't get down to the airport Friday for the 2:00 AM arrival of the Clow family but what a wonderful surprise it was to see them awaiting the flight of the Stetson family! I can imagine Kennedy and Roshandra got to be pretty good buddies on this trip so it was pretty sweet to see them united.
The Clows are doing well, Kennedy is a sweet little number ;O) she loves to jump, wiggle and smile. Shane had a field day playing hide and seek with her.
When Roshandra arrived her big brother Luca and big sis Kayo were right at the door waiting.....puts a lump in my throat to see the family unite after such an incredible journey. Cathrine & Kevin came over and gave us a hug and told us we were in for an unforgettable ride. It was an amazing just following along with their journey on their blogs I can only imagine what it will be like to be on the other end.
Oh, I almost forgot they arrived home on Roshandra's first birthday! Actually if the truth be told the Clows landed home on someone else's birthday too right Carolyn. Happy Belated Birthday!
So, I guess that's it for awhile on PEI. I think Sam and Matt are the next in line to get their referral.
Jennifer,Jeff, and Savannah have the newest member of their family home now too, she had a baby girl on February 13th and called her Kennah. Looking forward to seeing pics on her blog soon. Congrats Brant family!

On Sunday our Pastor asked all the men to make a circle around the auditorium surrounding the women and children and asked all the pregnant women and women who just had babies to stand. ( There were 21 women in our church!) I didn't know what to do......do I sit....do I stand.........I looked to my right.....I looked to my left ....and people were telling me to go ahead stand.....(I am a shy extrovert)but I stood up and I have to tell you it was a proud moment, my hand slid across my vacant belly but there was a kicking in my heart. Then the men prayed for protection.
Our church is in the later end of a three day liquid fasting and prayer (for those who can't fast, they are giving up something else for three days) for protection of new birth in our church and for the life in the wombs and the new people who are coming to our church. Afterward a lady came up to me and asked if she could put her hand on my belly and hugged me. Not sure exactly why but I didn't mind. She made me feel like she thought I was equally as pregnant as all the other women.
Here's what one intercessor had to say about this fast...
“Push... Push...your labor is not in vain. There is much opposition...walls...blocks...push and take ground, push and take ground….this word is in keeping with what we experienced Sunday morning.
Since the time of Adam..."In pain you shall bring forth children;" Genesis 3:16
“It will take all to push at once; then you will see blocks moved, and walls torn down.”
“You are excavating. Light your torches tarry night and day. You will come upon sealed doors...tear down the bricks that seal them. Open the tunnels open the way”….
Tonight should be interesting....we are having ladies social night/movie at 7:30 and the fast ends at 6:00 I'm gonna have some famished gals at this social!
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. -Philippians 4:6

6 comments:

jeanette said...

How neat for you to see the families just coming home!
And how cool of your church to be praying and fasting over "new life".

Dawn and Dale said...

Oh Debbie, you have me in tears!!

What a beautiful post!! How cool that your church prayed for you as well!!

I'll never forget before our first was born, I had had 2 miscarriages and one mothers day, they asked all the "mommies" to stand so that they could hand flowers out to them. I didn't know if I should stand as I had lost my babies before they were born.

I too had some close friends nudge me to stand, and boy did the tears fall when I did! I was a mommy!!

Thanks for posting this!!

Love Dawn

PS...How bout letter "L" for you!!!

Polar Bear said...

What a beautiful prayer. Thanks for sharing. Sometimes it is so easy to not feel like this is all a reality. It is just something we are doing. Hope that makes a little sense.

OziMum said...

If I meet someone new, and they ask about our family, I always add, "and we're expecting one more"! They instant look at my stomach, I delight in laughing and saying, no - I'm just getting fatter - we're adopting a little one from China!!!

Yes, Deb, you are an expectant Mother, and have every right to stand for your family and your child.

SARA said...

What a beautiful day at church! So glad you got to stand with the other expectant moms! Awesome story!

J Brant said...

I am so glad you stood...you are just as pregnant as any expectant mother. What a beautiful story. I had tears in my eyes as I read it...just getting caught up on my blog addiction these days.
love,
Jen