Thursday, December 21, 2006

Christmas questionare


I seen this on a few other blogs and thought I'd play along!

1. Eggnog or hot chocolate? Eggnog

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? When Jac was little we set them out but since she is older we wrap them.

3. Colored or white lights on your tree or house? White on the tree. Red and Green on the house.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? I think I did once. Actually I forgot about that! HUM where is that anyway?

5. When do you put your decorations up? Usually the first of Dec.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? My mom makes really good meat pie and has been teaching us her recipe the last couple of years, we get together at my sisters house and make a dozen or so about 2 weeks before Christmas.

7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? Once when we lived in O'Leary we didn't have much at all that year and a knock came to the door and there was a box full of Christmas dinner items like a turkey, can of cranberry sauce and veggies and fruit. It was such a blessing to our family. We didn't get much for Christmas but my Mom made it a wonderful day because she loved us.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? My mom never led us to believe in Santa but we didn't tell any of our friends, we just played along.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Yes we did. Hum we stopped doing that ... I don't know why.

10. What kind of cookies does Santa get set out for him? Jaclyn only did this a couple of times and I think they were Oreo

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? We like to have a bit but I don't know if that will happen this year or not!!! I think we are in for a green Christmas. UGG! I remember in 1981 I think it was we had about 16 feet of snow 2 weeks before Christmas and school was cancelled for those 2 weeks plus we had the holiday off!! I think we almost had a month off!

12. Can you ice skate? Well I try!!!

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? I'd have to say the macaroni bracelet my daughter made me one year! I still have it.

14. What's the most important thing about the holidays for you? Celebrating the Christ child and spending time with family and loved ones.

15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Banana bread

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Going to Church on Christmas Eve.

17. What tops your tree? An angel

18. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving? Giving

19. What is your favorite Christmas carol? oh that's a hard one!!! I'd have to tie up 2, I saw three ships and Silver Bells

20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum? Yum but Chicken bones are better!

21. When do you take down your tree? After new years.

1 comment:

Middle-Aged Moi said...

My hubby LOVES banana bread too! And what on earth are "Chicken Bones?" You just like to munch on them after your dinner? :-)