Thursday, August 24, 2006

4 Months to Christmas Eve!!


I know you don't want to hear it but Yup today is the 24th which means 4 months to Christmas Eve!
This was my 18 year old daughter Jaclyn's 2005 Christmas Letter that she wrote to us I thought it was really sweet and came across it and thought I would share it with you. I cried when I read it, it was my favorite gift.
It reads,
Mom and Shane,
Wow guys I think it's amazing what you guys are doing, I'm proud, and soo soo much excited for my little baby sissy "Callie" to get here! She is going to be spoiled for sure! I hope she gets to have as much fun as I did with you guys. Some advice for Mom:
Keep cool, send her to Shane with the homework ( he has more patience), have cuddle night! And to Shane: She'd better be a Daddy's little princess, you are really good now Shane, you have come a long way, so keep calm like you have and she'll love being around, and talking to you, and hey maybe you can teach her to golf!!!
Have fun with her, let her be who she's ment to be, let her express herself and do what she enjoys, and do what you did to me , let her know she is an amazing girl who can do whatever she wants.
......I think I can. I think I can....... chooo.....choo
Love Jac x0x0x0x Posted by Picasa

Still Waiting for LID, called Province and they said they will call me as soon as they get the information.
She confirmed what I suspected, that is that the population of people adopting on PEI is alot smaller than in other provinces so the mail they send to the Island it not as plentiful as in other provinces. So we wait!
I hope we get this info before Christmas :0D

10 comments:

Kennedy and Jaida's mom said...

Hopefully you get your LID soon. It took us forever, but at the time, we didn't realize it's full significance and were going by our DTC date. Ended up our LID was only a week later. I'm thinking your LID will probably come with our referral...now that would be something to celebrate, eh?

Sugar Cookies And Hope said...

That letter is beautiful and you have a lot to be proud of. As for waiting for LID news, count me in. I wish I knew why we Canadians have to wait so long!

4D said...

That is lovely. What a well spoken daughter you have. You must be very proud and from that letter, rightfully so!

Fingers crossed and prayers for you that you hear LID news soon!
It might be a comfort that you are logged in but I understand that you WANT to know the date!

Keep smilin!

J Brant said...

I've said before and I'll say it agan, daughters are the most special and amazing gift. Your daughter's letter was so sweet, it made me cry. What a thoughtful thing to do at Christmas time, it is those things that mean so much at that special time of year!

Tao's Mommy said...

WOW...what an amazing daughter you have. Jac will also be a super big sister!!!
Hope you get your LID soon too. I'm hoping mine is on its way. Province told me anyday...so here's hoping!!
Thanks for the XMAS reminder....I better get shopping!!

Mama Melissa said...

I hope you get your LID soon! Wow.

And what a great story! Thanks for sharing! :)

Melissa

Dawn and Dale said...

Come on LID!!!!

Dawn and Dale said...

Oh and if you want a graphic to be animated or blink or whatever...you need to upload it to photobucket first then use the "Tag" address in your post under the EDIT HTML part!!!

Try it...it's sooo easy!!!

Just go to photobucket.com and get your own album started. Or search their albums there (Like the word "thank you" or whatever) and use whatever comes up!!! If you click on the picture you want, the tag address should come up!

Let me know if you need any help!!!

Polar Bear said...

That is a wonderful letter. It will be treasure for a lifetime.

I can't believe it is only four months until Christmas. That is a scary, exciting thought all rolled together. Scary in the fact that the year is flying. Exciting in the fact that the year is flying. :)

I hope you hear about your LID soon!

Elisa...life as we know it. said...

what a wonderful letter from your daughter,hopefully your LID will come soon. Looking forward to Christmas 06 having other things to look forward to helps the wait a little.