Monday, July 03, 2006

License Plate Mission 2006


Happy 4th of July to my friends in the USA.
Summer 2005 just for fun I decided to see how many U.S license plates I could find and see if I could collect at least 40. I think I came up with 31.
PEI is a big tourist destination for a lot of Americans. ( Lots from China and Japan also (they love Anne Of Green Gables!))
Sooooooooooooo to chart this I have a pen and piece of paper in my sun visor of my car, as of today I have 12 US license plates ,States names collected.
Great way to keep your eyes on the road!
So if your from the US and you are visiting PEI please clean your license plate so I can read it or I'll have to stalk you til I get close enough to see it!
I think this will be fun to do with our daughter when she is old enough too!
When Jaclyn was smaller we went around the Island visiting the lighthouses, there are approx. 36 , it took all summer to do and we hadn't see all of them, but it was a fun adventure all the same.
Ps. I just found a ladybug taking the laundry in off the line! Perhaps CCAA mailed out our LID to the province today!

License Plates I have collected so far this year:
Delaware
Illinois
Florida
California
Maine
Vermont
Pennsylvania
Connetticut
New Hampshire
Ohio
New York
Texas

2 comments:

Elisa...life as we know it. said...

Hey Nice to hear from you on my blog, I added you to my list, hope you had a great Canada Day!

Tao's Mommy said...

What a fun thing to do. I live in a tourist city too and as I'm driving from the Post Office today I had a car with California plates. I thought of your blog right away!!! Your full of fun ideas....good luck!!!