We went out to Cavendish Beach Thursday, it was really windy so we just walked the beach. Sugar splashed threw the water in her ladybug rubber boots with a rock in one hand and a stick in the other happy as a clam. When she was in the dry sand she couldn't stop touching it...she loved picking it up and letting it slip threw her fingers.
When we were in the process of waiting for Sugar Pie I remember saying to hubby one day that I couldn't wait to take pictures of her at this local park called Woodliegh Replica which was a park with miniature sized castles, churches and houses built out of stone unfortunately it closed down a couple of years ago but I was able to take a few from outside the gate. I love this park when I was a little girl, I wish they hadn't closed it. It's for sale so maybe it's not a lost cause...I hope someone buys it and reopens it someday.
Ok, I said I would do it a while back and didn't get to it so here it is off the cuff.....a list of 10 things I love.
1. God, without Him I wouldn't even be able to write the next 9....He sent His son to earth over 2 thousand years ago because He loved be even then...and was making provision for my life. Everything I love and am thankful for I give Him the praise for.
2. My Husband, My rock, a man who protects the ones he loves, provides and puts others' needs before his own. I thank God for him everyday.
3. My kids(and grandbutton!)....yay! I finally get to say it in plural form! They have a special place in my heart, they will never know how much I love them and how much they bless me. When I stop to ponder them it's like my heart is walking outside of my body. My babies my joy.
4. My Mom, she raised us three children herself and taught us values and morals, how to be thankful in ALL things and how to enjoy life even when you didn't have much in the line of resources.
5. My sister, my life long best friend.....we lean on each other and are always willing to serve. We don't keep score we don't take turns we just give sacrificially. We are like an extension of each other...when you say you need two of yourself...you really just need your sister...trust me I know. ;O)
6. My family, they are the friends who ALWAYS accept me for who I am and forgive me at all cost. Without them I have no proof of who I was and how far I've come.
7. My mentors, some older, some younger...they help me see past the things that hold me back from being all I can be. They encourage me and are always willing to hear my heart in an non judgmental way.
8. My friends....new and old. I have met so many wonderful people on and off line who have been touched by adoption in one way or another. If it wasn't for you coming into my life I'm not sure how I would have made it this far. To all of you who said I was doing well, and celebrating every LID with me and telling me the wait was worth it THANK YOU!
9. My church family, supportive, loving, encouraging, live giving and consistent. I love you all.
10. The youth group I've been working with for the last 4 years......every time I look at any of them and see how well they are doing it gives me such joy. These teens have taught me more than I could ever imagine teaching them. They have a faith that is unconditional. They believed in me when I didn't believe in myself. If you ever want to see first hand prayers answered ask some of the youth in your church to pray for you.
There! I did it! Ok nap time is over so I better go wake up Sugar and go outside and play in this beautiful sunshine! Enjoy your week!!!!