Monday, April 19, 2010

My Healing Passtime....

A spoon full of Sugar helps the medicine go down they say! This Sugar is good medicine.
Well, I'm home from the hospital and coming around very well. I had to figure out a battle plan to taking Tylenol 3s cause my stomach was feeling like a volcano. I take a Gravol on a full stomach then a few minutes later I'll take the Tylenol. I tried Ibuprofen but it wasn't cutting the discomfort. There is definitely healing power in just being in your own surroundings though and sleeping in your own bed! We have a Sleep Number bed that I usually have set to 35-40, since I have to sleep on my back for a bit and I'm used to sleeping on my side I've put it down to about 15 and the mattress feels like it's giving me a big hug. I love it! Reminds me of my Grammy's spring framed bed that was in her spare room when we were kids. My sweet sister has been coming over to help out with things around the house and my sweet friend has been helping out with meals so I'm being well taken care of that's for sure. They say healing time is 3-4 weeks so I'll take it easy and let the healing do it's thing. I don't want to prolong it any longer than I have to so I'll behave.

I was pretty pumped when I got these in the mail today! I ordered them from the Provo Craft site for less than half of what you would pay at Micheal's. These are all of the new ones that Cricut just came out with. There are a few 3D patterns in them too, one is a castle!! Can't wait to try it. There is a font in the "Once Apon a Princess" one that says "Sugar and Spice".....can't wait to do a scrapbook page of that one! OHHHHH! There will be no more rainy days at my house, for every rainy day will be filled with the sound of a cricut chirping in the activity room that will reek of paper, adhesive and Cheerios!!

8 comments:

Kim said...

Glad you are home and in your own surroundings..
Wish I lived closer to help you out.. glad you are being well taken care of..
Hugs..
Feel better soon. it will all be over soon..
LOVE YA..

Madeleine said...

Oh I am so glad you are on the other side o this! And I pray you get to feeling like you should from now on.

And those Cricut things?? I will have to Google them! I never heard of them. How cool!!

Lesa said...

Debz, I'm so happy that you are over the surgery end of this. Now not to do anything to set you back; so take it easy.
Can't wait to see some of the things you can make with your new toy.

Iris said...

rest Dear Debz....REST!

Mike and Rhonda said...

Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Kristy said...

Debz I have a Cricut too and I love her!!! But the other night I was up late flippin thru channels and I saw the Cricut Cake!!! Have you seen it? It cuts fondant and gum paste and you can use all of the regular Cricut cartridges with it!!!!! Or do you have it already? I want it so bad......

Love u

Briana's Mom said...

I am finally getting caught up with all my bloggy friends! I'm so glad your surgery is over and you are home. I hope the pain goes away very soon and that your up and around before you know it! Take care of yourself!

Number 6 and no more counting! said...

Thinking of you lots.

Lea
xo