Monday, August 03, 2009

Playing Catch-Up

First of all I have to apologize for not being around much over the last couple of weeks! As you can imagine it's been pretty busy with the news of our LSC and such. I have posted but haven't had a chance to peek over all all of your blogs. I'll be around over the next couple of days for sure.


I had the wonderful pleasure of meeting this family this past week! I felt like I knew Kerri forever. She and her husband were here on the Island for their summer vacation and when I heard they were coming I knew we just had to meet. They told me about their experiences in China and gave some great advice. The girls (Puddin' Pop and Jilly-Bean, perfect nicknames for them ;O)) are sweet as pie! I could have just watched them play and carry on for hours! Thanks for the coffee guys! Hope you enjoyed your PEI Dirt Shirts, PEI Strawberry Jam and French Acadian Rapure! I hope we meet again someday! Saturday we had a wedding to go to...........FINALLY!!!!! Remember this couple HERE! Well they finally sorted out everything with immigration and set a date as soon as they could and tied the knot! I couldn't be happier for them. It was bittersweet for all of us as they will be living in the United States and Kim will not be allowed to leave for a year. We think we'll all rent a bus and crash at their 1 bedroom apartment one weekend! Above is a photo of their wedding cake. I thought that was clever.
The beautiful couple! We love you guys and will miss you!
Shane and I got up at 5:30 am to go to the ministry center to see some of the team off to Nain, Labrador. I know in my heart I did the right thing by giving up my spot for someone else and the one who is going in my place is a more than perfect fit. I can't wait to hear all about it! I know if I had have gone at this point in our adoption I would have been there in body but my heart would have been back home here. There are loose ends that need to be tied up with travel visas, travel, and other administrative tasks for our trip. Hubby has to work in Montreal this week so he won't be here to do it.
Speaking of Quebec......what a sweet surprise I had when I went to the mailbox and found this little surprise in! Thank you Doris and Dan!!! This outfit is absolutely adorable! The jeans have the adjustable waist which is brilliant , I've heard of them but didn't actually see a pair until now. I simply can't wait to see them on her! The top is so sweet! I love the bows for her hair and the ribbon to hang them on is a great idea. Thank you so much! It would be so awesome to meet up with the two of you again when we both have our girls home! Sooon!!!!!

I was over on RQ's site today and seen the below paragraph, which is full of hope for all my friends who are hanging in there. Praying this is for real this time!!!! BRING IT ON!

"What does August mean for the adoption community? It means if there is going to be a speed up, it should happen soon. Sometime between August and November would be my guess. We have not seen evidence of it yet, but there are agencies still expecting it to happen. I’m not holding my breath that it will actually happen, just reporting what multiple agencies (more than a dozen) were and are saying. Only time will tell, as always in this crazy process." -Rumor Queen

40 MORE DAYS!



8 comments:

Kim said...

Sounds like you have been busy but having FUN too... How fun to get to meet Kerri and the girls.. they are adorable..
Love the wedding photos and glad you are getting things settled..
You will have to send me the size of clothing that you think Jazymn is wearing..
Hugs..
Love ya girly..

4D said...

Sounds like a great few days/weeks. That is great that your friends were able to get it all sorted out and start their life together.

I am glad that you like the outfit. I hope it fits. I had to pick something cool and upbeat to match Jaz's Mom's amazing personality!

God willing, next summer we are going to head out East for my family to meet Baby Girl and we have already planned a visit to the Island!

Keep smilin!

Number 6 and no more counting! said...

thank you for your words of encouragement. It means a lot.

Lea
xo

PS. how lucky to meet our fellow Canadian buddy Kerri! I hope to someday also. She is wonderful!

Adrian Roberta said...

I can just imagine who busy you must be these days. It was very kind of you to give up your spot on the missions trip for someone else. I hope they all have an amazing time in Labrador.

Keep us posted on your progress we're all on pins and needles!

Love,
Roberta

a Tonggu Momma said...

You have been missed! I can't believe y'all will head out in just over a month. We are SO excited for you. Sounds like it has been a busy summer for y'all... glad the wedding took place.

Briana's Mom said...

What a sweet couple and adorable cakes!

You are so close to getting to China! So exciting!

geminirn said...

OH WOW!Just think only abit over a month........WOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Congratulations to the adorable couple........love the cakes!

Ok!that outfit is precious....way cool...as D has said just like her Mom!

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

So glad to see your friends got married... the Immigration will not get in the way of true love... trust me... I know :)