Friday, May 29, 2009

My Backyard.....Ok, well 15 minutes away then...

Still no word on the where abouts of my exam...perhaps it will show up on Monday?
Hopefully Monday we will start to hear some early rumors about next batch of referrals. They will be just getting back to work after having a few days off for the Dragon Boat Festival. I'm praying they send out a big batch this month!!! I'd love to see 3D get their referral!
Yard sale tomorrow, pray for sunny skies!!!
OK On with my post! ->

The biggest Island attraction Anne of Green Gables. It's not yet open for the season but they're working on it. This is in Cavendish. I love to drive out here before the tourist season opens. It's such a beautiful drive.
You never have to drive too far when you live on P.E.I to find water. This is Malpeque Bay area. It's starting to come alive with people working at the local Cabot National Park.

Pretty much across the road from the first picture is the beach at Cabot. Across the water, the land you see is actually sand dunes. There were a few Blue Heron (our national bird) around but I couldn't get a good shot of them, they were too busy fishing to strike a pose for me....but if they did they would have lifted on leg for me like a flamingo! LOL
Cool weather vein. I've never seen one like this before.
The bridge you see here is one of the last wooden bridges left on the Island. It's fun to drive over, there is a different sound on wood than on pavement. I took this shot especially for my bloggy friends who have never seen out famous red clay. The Island is also known very well for it's potatoes as well. Hence the field newly plowed! Farming and Fishing are two very big industries here.
Some lobster boats ready to go. There are lots of little fishing wharfs around the Island. This one is in Malpeque. If you have ever watched "Emily of New Moon" this would have been the area where a lot of the footage was shot.
What's in your backyard?
Have a wonderful weekend!

13 comments:

Kim said...

Ok..
I sure hope RQ is right.. I would love to see some more or the final MARCH 06ers see their babies..
then it is clear sailing from there...
Bring them on...
As for your yardsale... GOOD LUCK.. hope all goes well..
your backyard is BEAUTIFUL..
what a beautiful island..
As for our backyard.. well it is a busy road.. and more houses and nothing as beautiful as yours..
Have a great weekend..
Hugs..

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Ok... now I am disgustingly jealous... Green Gables... ohhhhhh... I want to go to PEI one day in the worst way... I want to stay in a place near the water - the dream vacation... the dream Anne of Green Gables vacation... what can I say... I am a sucker for that story :)

Nadine said...

Lovely pics.

I hope that the yard sale goes well and that you have nice weather.

Praying your exam comes soon.

Middle-Aged Moi said...

I woudl really like to go there some day! Thanks for the pics!!!!

Julie said...

What a great idea!!! I have been to PEI twice. Loved the Cabot trail and the lobster .. and the Anne of Green Gables house.

Maybe I'll take a stab of one around Montreal.

mommy24treasures said...

oh very lovely! Glad you shared:)

OziMum said...

Gorgeous gorgeous photos Deb!

what's in my backyard? Knee high grass (the lawnmower broke!), dog poo, 2 dogs, 2 bikes, a trampoline, a bbq and a shed!

Lesa said...

Oh, thank you so much for the photos! I would love to get to travel up your way some day.

I hope everyone is right about the referrals. I am so tired of the time frame dragging on.

Good luck on your garage sale.

Shionge said...

Oh Wow! I'm mesmerised by the lovely scenery Debz and I think this backyard is better than mine :D

Jamie and Angela said...

Lovely pics. I love PEI, can't wait to get there again this summer.

kerri said...

We are planning a 3 week vacation out East this July/August, can't wait!!!
I just love P.E.I.!!

Sherri said...

I'm a little late, but I hope you had a great sale? And for RQ i'm hoping for that myself, I did have a dream over a week ago, that they got to the 24th!!! fingers and toes are crossed!
Sherri

Shannon said...

I wanna live there! =)