Sunday, April 05, 2009

Top 10 things running through my head these days..



*Our veggie crazed Midgie on a quest for a fix. Hubby was trying to fix something for me on the computer and left his frozen dinner unattended ;O) Serves him right for feeding an unwelcomed long tailed grey enemy her treats in the driveway the other day don'tcha think? EWWWW! I don't care HOW cute he was....OR how cold he was! LOL

* Easter is next weekend and Jaclyn has requested that rather than the traditional turkey or ham with all the fixings that we have Chinese food instead and she wants to make the dessert. Sounds delish! She also informed me there must still be an egg hunt for her! I hope the little girl in my little girl stays for a very long time :o)

*Today marks my 15th year in business with my Salon!! Am I good for another 15? Gosh I hope so. I don't know where the time went!

*Kennady is growing like a weed, speaking of time flying by she will be 6 months on the 24th of this month.

*Rumor has is only 2 days will be matched. Nuff said bout that.

*ALL the snow we got last weekend is GONE!!! Yay! It was +15 degrees here on Saturday. I don't know what that is in Celsius but I know I couldn't stay in the house I had to go out and go for a nice long walk and soak it up!

* I got a Cricut Expressions! It's a very sophisticated machine, I'm actually still quite intimidated by it. I have to play around with it until I have it mastered then I'll show you some scrap book pages I created from it. It makes wall phrases too! I was going to get the kit to do it but I think I'll wait til I play around a bit before I attempt that. *The reno's in the basement are coming along great. I'll post pictures when it's all done.


*The next 2-3 weeks will be busy, I have to finish up this course before the end of April so I can write my final around the last week so I'll probably only get to post once a week with a quick update, I'll try to keep up to date on everyone.

*Oh! One more thing...did any of you see the movie "Seven Pounds"? Shane asked me why it was called that and I know there were 7 people who died, 7 who he helped... at first I was thinking 1 pound of marrow, 1 pound liver, heart etc. but that can't be it cause one 5 he donated body parts to and 2 he didn't. Random burning question ;O).

10 comments:

Nadine said...

The cat didn't give up. Did hubby get mad when he realized what happened?

I think it's great Jaclyn wants a egg hunt.

Congratulations on 15 years of business. That's really wonderful.

Michelle said...

I got a that Cricut too and all I have been able to do so far is cut some letters out of cardstock. I think I need to take a class on it or something. I want to make wall phrases with mine too.

Okay, I Googled the 7 pounds thing and this seems to be the most popular answer:


The phrase 'seven pounds of flesh' comes from The Merchant of Venice. It was a term meaning, to pay a penance for a wrong one had committed. If a man stole something, his hand was cut off...thus paying his 'seven pounds of flesh'. Ben was paying is penance for killing those people by the giving of his body to those in need. Of course he didn't give some of his body to everyone,
Emily Posa= Heart
Ezra Turner= Eyes
Ben Thomas= One of his lungs
Holly= Right half of liver
George Ristuccia= Kidney
Nicholas (the little boy)= Bone marrow
Connie= House

I don't know if that is actually why the movie is titled that though, but that is the answer that came up the most.

Hope that helps! I haven't seen it yet. I might have to rent it this week.

Shionge said...

Clever kitty there Debz LOL and how times flies, baby is into 6th month already ;D

Hope you all have a great Easter :)

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Oh wow...that cricut looks cool....I bet you could do some fancy scrapbook pages with that...You will have to let us know how it goes!!

Sounds like you have a lot going on....Hope you all have a Happy Easter!

Lisa

Kim said...

You are busy..
And lots going on..
Kitty is tooo smart for his own good..lol..
Have a great week..
Hugs.

geminirn said...

Glad to hear your keeping busy and the weather is finally getting warm and sunny.Hard to believe that gorgeous baby will be 6 months old....wow!

Hope you have a great Easter(how thoughtful of your beautiful daughter to suggest Chinese food).

Lesa said...

That Cat is way too funny. I did see that you had pushed the plate back in position. Did he ever realize that the cat had eaten some of his corn?

Love the Cricut. I wish I had one. Although, I would be just like you having to figure it all out.

Good luck with your studies.

No clue about the movie. I've never heard of it.

Happy Easter!!!

kerri said...

Your video is hilarious, all the while Hubby is oblivious his dinner is being sampled! ;)
I showed this to the girls, it was giigles all around. :)

Kristy said...

Oh girl I got my Cricut a few months ago and I just love her!!!! She is so much fun to play around with. I hopeyou like it as much as I do.

Sherri said...

Debz,
Thanks for stopping over at our blog. I just love Kristy...
This is my first time viewing your blog. I want to follow you if that's ok? And congrats on the months you have behind yourself as well. It's horrible to have to wait so long, but I feel in my heart that we're getting closer now. Oh, and I love the blog roll thing you have there, attached with pics that's neat. I'm going to have to look into that one.
Take Care,
Sherri