Thursday, September 25, 2008

Day 12, Los Angeles, Hollywood

Well today was our last day of vacation. Tomorrow we travel back home and I'm looking forward to it. I miss my daughter, family, and my friends.
Today we left Laguna and headed in to LA so we would be close to the airport for our early morning flight. We got settled and went to a Jack-in-the-box for a late lunch. It was not very welcoming to say the least. They had 1 1/2 inch thick bulletproof plexy glass at the counter and they handed you your food threw a box that was also made of thick plexy....when they asked if it was for here or to go Shane said for here!!!.....then I gave him the look :o/ and he turned to tell her it was to-go.
We went for a drive out to Hollywood and I was actually surprised, I thought it would have been more esthetically pleasing. The traffic was crazy. We just missed a street and when we came back around there was an accident there. We were planing to take a drive over to Chinatown to do a bit of shopping but the traffic was just too backed up so we didn't bother. I wish we would have been able to sit at the beach a little longer. I video taped the waves crashing against the shore and the sounds of the seagulls so I could go back there anytime! I'm so glad I did. Looking forward to seeing everyone back home! Click HERE for slide show.

4 comments:

OH MY #6 said...

safe journey home.

Lea
xo

Anonymous said...

Please be safe!!!! We miss you guys like crazy and can't wait til ya get back home......

I'm thinking in the future one week vacation at a time should be long enough....Two weeks is just too long.....lol......

Shane~ I was talking to Tara yesterday she's missing ya's as well...so that settles it!, no more long vacations away from home, So says the Sisters!!!(except to go to China that is...and I'll be with ya's so that one doesn't cound....sorry Tara)..

Love you guys,
Lori & Colby

Nadine said...

Have a safe trip home. I've been to LA - the traffic is nuts.

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Have a safe trip back home....I am going to have to catch up on your blog....for the past week it wouldn't load on my computer...it was the wierdest thing...finally, I got in tonight!

Chat with you soon!

Lisa