Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Atlantic Youth Festival.

The weekend was awesome! We had two 15 passenger vans. I ended up getting my class 4 licence to help out youth pastor out with transportation. All safety checks then double checks were complete and we were on the road! There were 21 of us and all kinds of luggage. Why is it boys can take one kit bag but girls take a suitcase,duffel bag,carry on AND a huge over sized purse????? ;O) Cause their girls right ;O). LOL

The guest speaker was a feisty 33 year old missionary evangelist from Oaks Fellowship in Red Oak, Texas. After years of drug abuse and running from God, Wayne Northup had a conversation that changed the destiny of his life and the lives of many others. He speaks to thousands of students a year.
His wife Kristi Northup is a singer/songwriter who's lyrics will leave you standing in a puddle of your own tears. One of her songs "You See Beauty" will give you goosebumps from your head to your toes. The words just leap out of the song at you. This song was somewhat the theme of the weekend. How we see ourselves as one thing and God sees us as so much more.

The lead music worship leader was Corey Pelley, he is one of North America's top worship leaders. He is crazy in love with Jesus, and might I mention a Newfie!

The 3 day weekend was packed with fun, games, prayer, worship, workshops and speeches. Our youth were like sponges for the entire 3 days. I was telling them on the way home I feel like we just sat around the Christmas tree opening gifts and sharing good times with our families and now I'm excited to take all I have received and learned and tell it to my extended family and friends.

Personally I have come back anew and refreshed. I am challenging myself to step it up and raise the bar in my personal relationship with the Lord. I am wanting much much more than a warm fuzzy feeling on a Sunday morning, more than a history lesson, I want to walk it out in my life, I know I will stumble many times cause I am not perfect. I'm ready to go deeper, I am ready for my comfort zone to be a thing of the past. You can't grow a tree to it's full potential if all it has is the soil in the pot that it came in, it has to be planted in the earth so it can grow deep roots even threw the harsh unpleasant weather systems, cause they too shall pass. Up root me Lord so that I might bare fruit so that one day you will look at me in all your glory and say "Well done my child."


6 comments:

OH MY #6 said...

fantastic.

Lea
xo

Kim said...

Sounds like a WONDERFUL time..
Have a Great Week..
Hugs..

A Mom- In-W8ing said...

Sounds like you had just the weekend you needed to revitalize your spirit!

Smiles! :o)
Nikki

ps - I LOVE the program you used for your pics!

kerri said...

The pics are great,glad you had such a wonderful time!!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

What a great spiritual weekend...glad you had a good time!

Anonymous said...

I hear ya... especially since reading The Shack.... I am praying about the next move, I want to be more proactive... I want to run out and meet God instead of waiting for Him to come to me. I have been lazy, I admit it! Yeeeeeehawwwwwwww