Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Virginia Tech College in fear again...



I heard this prayer on a Christian radio station today and I thought I would share it all with you.

Father, the unthinkable happened on Monday and then again this morning with the threat of a bomb at Virginia Tech, we come to you with open arms not knowing what to do. Please be with the families, friends and roommates of those who lost loved ones. Father also be with those who's hearts are full of fear. The country is emotionally wounded and those who are right there on the VT campus are shattered and anxious Lord. I also know that there are college campus all over the country who are fearful, I pray that you would calm their hearts, be with those who are struggling emotionally today and help them to deal with what has happened. Lord be with the counselors and faculty as they work on trying to pick up the pieces of their shattered lives. I pray too that the Christian organizations that are also on campus at VT that your hand be on them as they reach out to minister to the hurting. I pray that you give them the words of life that only you can give. I pray for clarity, comfort and healing to those who are there struggling through this confusion. In Jesus name we pray. Amen.

5 comments:

kitchu said...

Such a tremendous loss to so many. I am praying too. Thanks for posting this.

D & S said...

It's all so tragic. My heart goes out to the families and victims.

Shannon said...

Thank you for posting that prayer...

OziMum said...

Shocking. May God be with the families of those whose lives were taken, and those left behind.

Abby's Mom said...

Sending many prayers their way!