Tuesday, March 06, 2007

My Overflowing Cup!

There are so many things going on right now that I don't even know where to begin so here is a list not necessarily in chronological order, most are "blessings" and some are "blessings in disguise".


1. Blessing: My daughter has moved back home!!!! She was having a hard time with the living arrangements and thought it would be less hassle to just drive the 45 min drive to college. I am tickled pink. I had a really hard time with her leaving in the first place. We are very close. I know she will only be here for a few months before she gets her own apartment but at least I get a chance to put some projects on the back burner and spend some good mother/daughter time with her. YEAH!!! I LOVE YOU JAC!! ( aka PAN).


2. Blessing in Disguise: The CCAA has sent out referrals up to Oct. 24th, it is only 11 days. How is it a blessing in disguise you say? Well it wasn't less than 11 days!!!! ???? Right? I'm hoping for an increase in the coming months. Sooner or later it has to level out again. I'm all for sooner.


3. Blessing: I finally got my dog Bailey in for his haircut yesterday! He looks great! I had so much going on yesterday I totally forgot him at the groomers and had to make another trip in town to get him! Glenna said it was ok and she didn't tell him his Mommy forgot him ;O) I was only 15 min. late....does that make me a bad doggie mom?!


4. Blessing in Disguise: DH has a job that requires him to drive a lot. He is a service technician for a major machining company based out of Japan called Mazac. His head office is in Montreal and he covers the Maritime provinces. While the company gives him a monthly car allowance plus 40 cents a click he has continued driving his little '92 Ford Festiva hatchback that has been incredible on gas and holds all his tools in the hatch, but alas yesterday on his way to Halifax the transmission started to act up, he thought he would just keep adding fluid to it till he got to his destination but then you wouldn't believe what happened , 50 feet from a rental car place the drive shaft went in it!!!! He just shook his head with a mad grin on his face and walked into the rental shop, ordered up a car for the rest of the week and asked if they could call a tow service to take his little blue hemi to her grave. He thought he could hold off to closer to our trip to get a new car but evidently we can't. So I have spent the day yesterday test driving cars, and it looks like I'll be doing the same today. I'll keep you posted. I'm down to a Toyota Matrix, Dodge Caliber or a Vibe. Blessing: He wasn't driving on the highway when this happened. Thank you Lord for your protection over him.


5. Blessing in Disguise: This morning I ache........all over.......We started a fitness group at the ministry center on Monday and Saturday mornings. This was my second workout. Sooner or later after a few more rounds the pain will cease and I will have more endurance. I want to be physically fit for all the running around I'll be doing in China and when we get home so it is a small price to pay.


6. Blessing: I have a great network of friends and family. I just want to say thank you for all your support and love and patience as we hurdle through this emotional time in our lives with this long pregnancy. I appreciate all of you. Thanks for celebrating all our ups and downs with us.


7. Blessing: We are going to the PEI adoption group dinner this coming Sunday at a local Chinese food restaurant. I just love soaking in the atmosphere with all the children and their laughter. I love looking at my husband watching and talking to the children, he gets this beautiful glow on his face that empowers me. I tape record it in my mind and play it over and over. We have two new members in our group who just arrived home from China last month so it will be great to see them if they come.



8. Blessing in Disguise: Lipton black tea! Caramel twist and Hazelnut flavor. It is like having desert in a tea cup! Too many before bed,,,,,not a good idea!




9. Blessing: Shane was at the right place at the right time when this baby arrived at the future shop! It was a opened box sale the video camera and all the paperwork inside were undamaged but the box was destroyed so they sold it to him $150 off!!!!! He knew we would need it for our trip so he scooped it up!!!!



10. Blessing: I have come across my first blog party, it is a great way to get to know people who are out their in blog land who are ordinary every day people that have real life issues like most of us do. You can grab a java pop on over by clicking the link on my side bar. Sign in and go mingle. The party goes from March 2nd to March 9th. I think when I signed in I was the 723rd attendee!!!!!
Did I mention how excited I am that my daughter is back home! Yeah!

40 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello! I'm popping in from the blog party! Nice to "meet" you! I feel for you and your daughter. I'm trying to keep mine from leaving in the first place. My DH says I have to let her go eventually...

Diane Viere said...

Plenty of reasons to celebrate, welcome to the Party!

So nice to "meet" you.

Diane

4D said...

Great stuff!

It wonderful to take the time and focus on the positive. Good for you.

Keep smilin!

Unknown said...

Ill be a frequent reader. This was such a positive post..I hope I am this positive a year from now..GOd Bless

Elisa...life as we know it. said...

I am totally keeping the faith and sucking in all your positive energy.
I just have to keep telling myself that it all happens for a reason and that it is all in the timing.

Anonymous said...

Hi!
I just popped over from the Blog Party as the name of your blog led me to believe that it might have something to do with ADOPTION!
I am Heidi, mother of a 13-year old bio daughter and 2 precious miracles adopted from Vietnam (just returned home with our baby in December).
I'm passionate about adoption and wish you much luck with yours~ I know the wait is hard, but it all fades away when you hold that precious child in your arms.
You can see my kids and learn more about me at my blog~ www.homeschoolblogger.com/ReviewsbyHeidi

Briana's Mom said...

Love your outlook regarding 11 days of matching! You're right, at least it wasn't less than 11! I am going to have to try that tea too!

Jill and Jaap said...

Sounds like a lot of wonderful things!

Melissa said...

Welcome to the party! That lipton tea sounds great. Not sure if we have it here, but I'm going to look!

Mama Melissa said...

Oct 24 was good... Oct 31 for April will be even better. lol. :)

Thanks for sharing your blessings. I am truly blessed, too.

Melissa
LID 10/31/05

Lisa said...

Those are great blessings indeed. Considering CCAA was closed for a week I think 11 days isn't too bad. Keep thinking positive!!

Lisa

Shannon said...

Wow, but things are busy up there! How wonderful to have Jaclyn back home! Love your way of looking at things. =)

Polar Bear said...

What a wonderful post! You always make me smile Deb!

Revka said...

Hi, thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment at my blog. I really appreciate it! I'll sotp by again later after the party; it's crazy right now!

Musings of a Housewife said...

Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog tonight!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by my party. Your blog is quite beautiful. Would love to know who designed it for you (and a few tips for how I can learn too). So you're adopting from China; awesome! We have 3 children adopted from foster care (all came to us as 2-3 day old newborns) and currently have a 2½mo old who also came to us right from the hospital. Looks like he gets to stay too (love him immensely so we're thrilled). Enjoy this time of anticipation. It's a most special time.
Blessings,
~Toni~ (In The Midst Of This Season)

Anonymous said...

Hey there! I'm so glad your daughter moved home, even if it is only for short time! Hooray!
And that tea....I haven't seen it yet.....the caramel one sounds soooo good. Any calories in it? :-)

Janet T.

PS- My parents just bought a Matrix. They love it- good on gas, and room for my dad- and he's REALLY tall!

Nadine said...

I like the blessings list. We often forget to thank Him for little as well as big things.

OziMum said...

I can feel your grin, through your words!!! Nothing better than having ones babies at home!!!

Hey! Great camera!!! I'm still waiting for mine to arrive! I was tossing up between the JVC & Sony, but the Sony had a bigger harddrive, so evenutally won!!!

Unknown said...

Stopping in for the blog party. Very nice blog. I really enjoyed reading your blessings list. There is so much to be said about contentment and thankfulness!

Julie-Anne in Northern Ontario!
ps. I'll come back and visit.

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Awesome blessings! I love your blog! Thanks for posting a comment to my blog.

I was checking out your site and blog and love it all. I've been wanting to adopt a baby girl from China since the early '90s (after reading about it in Reader's Digest) but I'm thinking that I should get out of school and get a job first...so I can at least have money to support a child (I'm single) and pay for all the necessary paper work and whatever that would go along with adopting.

I've bookmarked your blog and will be back again! And yes, it's great to meet another maritimer :o)

Ritzman said...

Thanks for visiting my blog!
I’m late to the party, is there anything left to drink?
I’m a homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, homeschooling, christian Mama in FW Indiana.
And I love this Party!

Beth

Anonymous said...

Mmmm - caramel twist tea? I'm gonna have to check that out!!

I'm just stopping by from the party to say "hi!"

If you get a chance, hop on over to my blog 'n let me know you were there. :-)

Love,

Jennelle

Calico Sky said...

I love how you count your blessings!

Tao's Mommy said...

Great news that you have Jac back home......yeah!!!!
I have been off the blogging for a bit, so I'm excited to catch up with your posts!!!!

kitchu said...

May the blessings (those apparent and those in diguise) continue to flow your way!

Ann said...

Have I mentioned how much I love the new look of your blog. It's great how you can see the good in all that has happened. I know you're though the roof that your daughter is back home. And I say go for the Toyota. Good Good cars!!

~Kristen said...

Hi Debbie,
I just need an email address to link you in... you can pm it to me at kristen.0814 yahoo com

Amydeanne said...

what a wonderful blog you have! Thanks for visiting mine!

SARA said...

We have that same video cam! Hope you continue to have many blessings!!!

redmaryjanes said...

Wonderful post!
I need to spend more time counting my blessings!

Dollymama said...

Hey!
I found you through the party.
Your blessings post is very good. :)

I'm a Christian mom to six kiddos and I work from home running my online baby boutique as well. You may enjoy the baby boutique blog since you've got a new sweetie coming (hopefully!) soon. I know adoption can be the world's longest gestation!
http://thebabyboutiqueatwombswindow.com/blog

Shannon said...

Oh i am so excited that your daughter is home for a while... so cool... and I loved all the other stuff that you talked about also...

oh ya new blog address- http://whimsicalchaos.wordpress.com/

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for stopping by. This party is great. It sounds like your life is full of blessings. You seem to have the right perspective. Bless you.

Natalie & Daniel Arsenault said...

I love all of your positive attitude stuff!!

I know the look you are talking about...I see it in Shane as well when he is at the get togethers. You can tell he has a big heart.

As for the car, I have to tell you to go with the Vibe! (he he!), but in all honesty, I actually drove one of these quite a bit to do errands for work...and it's a nice driving car. I have never driven a Matrix or a Calibre though...so I'm not sure how they compare.

Debbi said...

I just wanted to stop by and say hi!

Thanks for visiting my mommy blog during the party. I hope to see you there from time to time.

pharlapjr.wordpress.com

Aisling said...

Just dropping by on the party circuit to say Hi from England. It's up over 900 as of this morning. I think I shall be marking this site in my bloglines.

redmaryjanes said...

Hey there! I am really enjoying getting to know you. I love your positive blessings! You have such a great and spiritual outlook on life.
China or bust!
-Kimberley

Norma said...

Hi, Debbie,
I love your blog - been here a couple of times. We have so many blessings if we just stop to count them. Thanks for visiting my site!

Brandie said...

Hello! I'm here for the party!
Wow! Sounds like there are so many great things going on =) Enjoy it all and I hope you continue to be blessed, in disguise and otherwise ;-)