1. Blessing: My daughter has moved back home!!!! She was having a hard time with the living arrangements and thought it would be less hassle to just drive the 45 min drive to college. I am tickled pink. I had a really hard time with her leaving in the first place. We are very close. I know she will only be here for a few months before she gets her own apartment but at least I get a chance to put some projects on the back burner and spend some good mother/daughter time with her. YEAH!!! I LOVE YOU JAC!! ( aka PAN).
2. Blessing in Disguise: The CCAA has sent out referrals up to Oct. 24th, it is only 11 days. How is it a blessing in disguise you say? Well it wasn't less than 11 days!!!! ???? Right? I'm hoping for an increase in the coming months. Sooner or later it has to level out again. I'm all for sooner.
3. Blessing: I finally got my dog Bailey in for his haircut yesterday! He looks great! I had so much going on yesterday I totally forgot him at the groomers and had to make another trip in town to get him! Glenna said it was ok and she didn't tell him his Mommy forgot him ;O) I was only 15 min. late....does that make me a bad doggie mom?!
4. Blessing in Disguise: DH has a job that requires him to drive a lot. He is a service technician for a major machining company based out of Japan called Mazac. His head office is in Montreal and he covers the Maritime provinces. While the company gives him a monthly car allowance plus 40 cents a click he has continued driving his little '92 Ford Festiva hatchback that has been incredible on gas and holds all his tools in the hatch, but alas yesterday on his way to Halifax the transmission started to act up, he thought he would just keep adding fluid to it till he got to his destination but then you wouldn't believe what happened , 50 feet from a rental car place the drive shaft went in it!!!! He just shook his head with a mad grin on his face and walked into the rental shop, ordered up a car for the rest of the week and asked if they could call a tow service to take his little blue hemi to her grave. He thought he could hold off to closer to our trip to get a new car but evidently we can't. So I have spent the day yesterday test driving cars, and it looks like I'll be doing the same today. I'll keep you posted. I'm down to a Toyota Matrix, Dodge Caliber or a Vibe. Blessing: He wasn't driving on the highway when this happened. Thank you Lord for your protection over him.
5. Blessing in Disguise: This morning I ache........all over.......We started a fitness group at the ministry center on Monday and Saturday mornings. This was my second workout. Sooner or later after a few more rounds the pain will cease and I will have more endurance. I want to be physically fit for all the running around I'll be doing in China and when we get home so it is a small price to pay.
6. Blessing: I have a great network of friends and family. I just want to say thank you for all your support and love and patience as we hurdle through this emotional time in our lives with this long pregnancy. I appreciate all of you. Thanks for celebrating all our ups and downs with us.
7. Blessing: We are going to the PEI adoption group dinner this coming Sunday at a local Chinese food restaurant. I just love soaking in the atmosphere with all the children and their laughter. I love looking at my husband watching and talking to the children, he gets this beautiful glow on his face that empowers me. I tape record it in my mind and play it over and over. We have two new members in our group who just arrived home from China last month so it will be great to see them if they come.
8. Blessing in Disguise: Lipton black tea! Caramel twist and Hazelnut flavor. It is like having desert in a tea cup! Too many before bed,,,,,not a good idea!
9. Blessing: Shane was at the right place at the right time when this baby arrived at the future shop! It was a opened box sale the video camera and all the paperwork inside were undamaged but the box was destroyed so they sold it to him $150 off!!!!! He knew we would need it for our trip so he scooped it up!!!!
10. Blessing: I have come across my first blog party, it is a great way to get to know people who are out their in blog land who are ordinary every day people that have real life issues like most of us do. You can grab a java pop on over by clicking the link on my side bar. Sign in and go mingle. The party goes from March 2nd to March 9th. I think when I signed in I was the 723rd attendee!!!!!
Did I mention how excited I am that my daughter is back home! Yeah!